Scholarship and financial aid programme for campers
Father Fernand Lindsay was committed to making the activities of the Camp accessible to the greatest number of young musicians in Quebec, based on their talent rather than on the financial means of their families.
This is why, thanks to the Fondation Père Lindsay, in 1996, the Campers’ Scholarship and Financial Aid Programme was created. Since then, close to $1 million has been awarded to 2000 campers over the years.
Through this programme, young people from all regions of Quebec and from diverse cultural backgrounds can have access to the Camp’s activities. Last year, 120 campers, or approximately 20% of the registered musicians, received a scholarship or financial support to attend the Camp, which represented a total contribution of $70,000.
Category I: To submit a request for financial assistance to cover the cost of a stay or a portion of it, please contact the secretary at (450) 755-2496 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Conditions apply. Please note that this component is intended for low-income families.
Category II: Several scholarships are offered by the Camp Musical Père Lindsay to music schools, music competitions, or festivals, and are intended for young musicians who have distinguished themselves. Consult the programs of these organizations for more information.
Category III: The Camp also awards merit-based, juried scholarships at the end of each of the four summer sessions:
- • Merit Scholarship (value of $1000) awarded to a young musician who has distinguished themselves through their virtuosity and outstanding abilities.
• Teacher’s Scholarship (value of $500) given to the camper who was the teachers’ favourite, both for their talent and their personality.
• Camp Counsellors’ Scholarship (value of $500) awarded by the camp counsellors on the basis of the social qualities and active participation of a camper.
• Group Classes Scholarship ($100) awarded to the camper who has demonstrated excellent participation in all the group classes and art workshops.
• Composition Scholarship ($50) awarded to the camper whose musical creation performed in front of their peers was most outstanding.
• Fondation Père Lindsay
• Fonds Germaine-Gibara de la Fondation du Grand Montréal
• Fondation Dr Julien
• Fédération des harmonies et orchestres symphoniques du Québec
• Maestro Yannick Nézet-Séguin
• École de musique de Verdun
• Camp Musical Père Lindsay Alumni
• Festival de Lanaudière
And other generous donors support the Scholarship and financial aid programme for campers, designed to help low-income families or to foster the talent of promising young musicians.
Companies, foundations, music lovers, follow their lead and support the development of young musicians!
Contact the secretariat for more information, or contribute now by sending your donation through the following payment methods:
- Send a donation by mail: Send your donation to Camp Musical Père Lindsay, C.P. 44, Joliette (QC), J6E 3Z3, along with the following information: name, address, email, telephone. Please mention which component of the Campers’ Scholarship and Financial Aid Programme you would like your donation to be allocated.
- Make a donation online: Click on the following link which will take you to the PayPal Giving Fund payment form.Thank you!
Camper, 15 years old, singing.
“…When I received the Merit Scholarship last Saturday, it was with a mixture of immense astonishment and excitement. I think that such encouragement from the beginning of my work gave me more confidence in my abilities and the desire to persevere and to continue in music. Besides, after two fantastic weeks at the camp, how could I possibly stop?”
Grandmother of a camper, 14 years old, singing.
“…Thanks to your generosity, you have helped my 14 year old grandson to gain confidence in himself through singing at Camp Musical Père Lindsay. It was a very nice vacation for him and a nice rest for me. With all my heart I thank you and I pray for you!”
Father of a camper, 14 years old, piano.
“…Your help has been greatly appreciated and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You are generous donors and your gesture towards us makes a big difference in the lives of our children who can then exercise and practice the activities of their dream and lifetime. The credit for the gratitude goes to you…”.
Mother of a camper, 13 years old, violin.
“…As we picked up [our son] this past weekend, the first thing he asked before greeting us was the urgent question, ‘Can I come back next year?’ During the closing performance, the room was buzzing with energy and love. We all came away transformed, enriched and inspired. Thank you so much for making this possible for my son…”.
Mother of a camper, 11 years old, violin.
“… [My son] loved the camp: the site, the music lessons, the concerts, the outdoor activities, his friends. […] He came back very motivated, having learned great things and already thinking about going back next year! He even offered to play his violin in the subway to raise money to help pay for his stay! Thanks to the foundation for encouraging children who may be less fortunate on a socio-economic level, but who have just as much talent and passion for music…”.
Camper, 15 years old, piano.
“…Since I have dreamed of becoming a pianist and composer since I was a child, the camp is an exceptional environment for me to perfect my many skills in preparation for my career path. The road to becoming a musician is long and difficult, but with support like this generous scholarship you have offered me, my goals are more attainable…”.